A 1.5 km Domaine Sainte Véziane, you will discover the small village of Bessan located off of large resorts and built in the heart of the vineyards between a lava flow of Monts Ramus and the River Herault.
This village of 4,200 inhabitants is relaxing, with its traditional market on Tuesday and Sunday but you will find a rich heritage of legends and folklore in particular with the Donkey, totemic animal celebrated in August.
Bessan occupied by the Greeks since the sixth century BC made him one of the oldest cities in France with Marseille and Beziers.
Visit the historic center:
Beginning of the visit from the promenade, old ball game, forerunner of the tambourine.
Going back to the Town Hall Square, you will see the former consular house, rebuilt in 1720.
Republic Square, named in 1894 after the installation of a fountain topped by a statue of Marianne. All around the square, we can see many old houses.
Continue to the place of the Church, the Church of St. Peter and his remarkable Romanesque apse and reredos in wood and marble.
You will discover facades of mansions balls including that of "Jacomel Cauvigny” decorated with ironwork.
Opposite the Porte Saint Pierre was in the 16th century with a drawbridge.
On the banks of the Hérault, you will see the ruins of the mill Bladier.
- Tasting of the wine 'Rosé de Bessan', several times medalist at the Cave Cooperative Bessan.
- Taste The 'Croustade', a walnut cake.
- Cueillette de Caillan’ to collect oneself fruit and vegetables, October through April - Marseillan Road
- Visit the Cactus Park, Floral Park and Wildlife
- Discover the Oil Mill of Mount Ramus, guided tour and shop - RD13