Built of volcanic stone, Agde is known as 'Black Pearl of the Mediterranean' due to its monuments, including St.Etienne's Cathedral.
Feel free to stroll through the historic center and its maze of alleys to the banks of the Hérault.
To see :
- Jousting show on Herault, consisting of a confrontation between two jousters mounted on boats propelled by oars or a motor.
- Guided Tour of ‘the Criée’ Grau d'Agde - from April to November for the public.
- Agathois Museum and Museum de l’éphèbe
- The view from the Mont Saint Loup overlooking the coast.
- Cap d'Agde beaches, from the Tamarissiere, the Grande Conque, creek dug in the cliff.
- Fort Brescou
- The view of the Château Laurens and its park.