AGDE / CAP D AGDE, 10 minutes from the Domaine.
Adge is called the Black Pearl of the Mediterranean because of its monuments built with volcanic rock like the Saint-Etienne Cathedral.
Make sure you take a walk through the old town and the maze of narrow streets that leads down to the Hérault.
Things to see:
- Water jousting on the Hérault, a competition between two jousters on boats with either a motor or rowers.
- Guided tour of the Grau d’Agde fish market – April to November for the general public.
- Agathois Museum and Éphèbe Museum
- The view of the coastline from Mont Saint Loup.
- The beaches of Cap d’Agde, from Tamarissiere to Grande Conque, a cove that cuts into the cliffs.
- Fort Brescou
- The view of Laurens Castle and park.